Kerem Shalom is pleased to offer two scholarships for Post B’nai Mitzvah Youth.
Ann Geisinger Scholarship
Purpose: The Ann Geisinger Memorial Fund, in conjunction with Kerem Shalom, is pleased to offer a scholarship to a Kerem Shalom high school senior with strong demonstrated commitment to the Jewish tradition of Tzedakah, or good works, through their community service and/or social justice engagement.
Who is eligible: High school seniors who are members of Kerem Shalom and plan to attend an institution of higher learning within two years of graduation are eligible to apply.
Award: One $400 scholarship will be offered.
Deadline for submission: The spring deadline will be shared annually.
Application Process: Please click here for the application (PDF).
Notification: Applicants will be notified in May, and the award will be presented to the recipient at Shabbat Services in May.
Rabbi Luckens Scholarship
Purpose: In honor of Rabbi Michael Luckens, the scholarship is used to help support a young person to attend a Jewish camp or Jewish leadership program, or to engage in a college program of Jewish Studies or pursue a teaching degree.
Who is eligible? Kerem Shalom members from 8th grade through college
Award: $100.00 – $200.00 depending on the number of scholarships awarded.
Deadline for submission: An April date, to be shared annually.
Application process: The spring deadline will be shared annually.
Submit the following by email to Jill Mirman at :
- Your (Student’s) full name, address, email, phone number, and current grade
- The program you plan to attend and contact information (name, address, phone, web site/email address, and contact person)
- Duration of the program you plan to attend (beginning and ending dates).
- A 1½ page, double-spaced, 12-point font, essay answering either of these questions:
- How do you see the program you plan to pursue strengthening your Jewish identity?
- How will this program reflect your personal Jewish values?
Notification: The award winner will be announced in the spring, and the scholarship will be awarded at Shabbat Services in May. We ask applicants to plan to attend the service to accept their scholarship award and to support the other scholarship recipients.
Any questions? Contact Jill Mirman at .