Rabbi Luckens Scholarship – Apply Now
Application Process for the Rabbi Luckens Scholarship Now Open! DEADLINE April 27, 2017
KS members from 8th grade through college are eligible.
Purpose: In honor of Rabbi Michael Luckens, the scholarship is used to help support a young person to attend a Jewish camp or Jewish leadership program, or to engage in a college program of Jewish Studies or pursue a teaching degree.
Who is eligible? Kerem Shalom members from 8th grade through college
Deadline for submission: Thursday, April 27th
Award: $100.00 - $200.00 depending on number of scholarships awarded
Application process: Submit the following by email no later than April 27th to Jill Mirman, Kerem Shalom VP of Communications – jammin7comcastnet (jammin7comcastnet) :
- Your full name, address, email, phone number, and current grade
- The program you plan to attend and contact information (name, address, phone, web site/email address, and contact person)
- Duration of the program you plan to attend – start and end dates
- A 1-1½ pages, double-spaced essay answering either of these questions:
- How do you see the program you plan to pursue strengthening your Jewish identity?
- How will this program reflect your personal Jewish values?
You will be notified by May 3rd and the scholarship will be awarded at Shabbat Services on Friday, May 12th at Kerem Shalom. We ask the applicants to plan to attend the service to accept their scholarship award, if they are chosen and to support scholarship recipients.